The Scottish Government have created Sector Advice Cards to help managers find relevant advice and understand what to do in the event of an outbreak in the workplace and to help employers communicate COVID-19 related health and safety advice to their employees. The compliance team have reported that many of the outbreaks they have seen have been due to staff ‘letting their guard down’ rather than not having the correct procedures in place. These advice cards are a useful way to communicate important messages and provide reminders where staff may be prone to dropping their guard.
The Scottish Government has now published the specific Waste Sector Advice Card and it is available to view and download here: Sector Advice Card – Waste Sector (www.gov.scot).
For more information on the two new Advice Cards on the Scottish Government website please follow the links below:
- Sector Advice Card – Waste Sector (www.gov.scot) – This will be followed by translations into Polish and Lithuanian. This will be promoted via the Waste sector networks and stakeholder groups.
- Sector Advice Card – Advice for Everyone at Work (www.gov.scot) – This is to remind people not to let their guard down in the more informal workplace situations. This can be printed out and paced on notice boards or canteen doors etc. Colleagues are asked to help promote this via their sector networks.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Scottish workbook 2020 – gov.scot (www.gov.scot) – All available sector advice cards can be found here under ‘supporting files’.
The next phase of the National Roll Up Your Sleeves Covid-19 Vaccination Campaign, is this time aimed at 18-49 year olds.
This stage of the campaign will look to encourage as many people as possible aged 18-49 to get their COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are invited. This will run on TV, radio, digital and out of home channels from today until the end of June.
This phase aims to reach those aged 18 to 49 who will be invited forward for the COVID-19 vaccine as the next phase of the programme gets underway. We know that you can get seriously ill with coronavirus at any age, and while having the vaccine doesn’t eliminate the risk of coronavirus, if you and your loved ones are vaccinated it does reduce the impact of the virus. Timings will differ by Health Board area and in line with vaccine supply, however we aim for all adults in Scotland to have a first dose of one of the vaccines by the end of July and we are asking the public when invited forward to take up the vaccine.
- 21-22 – Coronavirus – Vaccines – Stakeholder Toolkit – Roll Up Your Sleeves 18-49 – Final – 20 Apr 2021
You can find campaign assets on the download links below:
Please find some additional FACTS campaign materials on face coverings. Following FACTS is essential to help stop the spread of the virus and is even more important now to help suppress new virus strains.
FACTS Stakeholder Toolkit
The attached FACTS Stakeholder Toolkit includes a new film about best practice for wearing face coverings. There are shorter versions of the films for use on social, which show 5 top tips to ensure face coverings are as effective as possible.
How You Can Help
Please share these social animations and films with your audiences, and if sharing via social media please include the hashtag #WeAreScotland
This FACTS Face Covering Stakeholder Toolkit includes:
- Suggested Social Copy
- 5 x short social animations, showing various face covering tips
- 2 x Best Practice Face Covering films:
- 70 second film (16:9)
- 30 second social film assets (1:1 and 9:16)
- Download the 5 x Face Covering Tip Social Animations via WeTransfer here
- Download the Best Practice Face Covering Films via WeTransfer here